Do you live and breathe storytelling, digital communications, partner engagement, and take an audience and channel-first approach to strategy? Are you a stellar communicator, particularly when it comes to written communications, and do you have a drive to constantly improve? Are you well-organized, detailed, and relationship-oriented with a passion for supporting a network that is driving change in global and public health? Do you thrive in an environment where you can flex a variety of strengths and problem-solve based on dynamic challenges? If so, this role will enable you to play an influential role within an organization that is proving to move the needle toward a pandemic-proof future.
Pandemic Action Network is seeking someone who is a strategic communicator, creative problem solver, strong collaborator, and master doer with an ability to work in a fast-paced global environment. The Communications & Partnerships Associate will steward and support strategic communications in support of the Network’s strategic goals and objectives.
This position reports to the Senior Program Officer, Policy Communications for Pandemic Action Network, and will work closely with Communications and Partnerships colleagues and the broader Pandemic Action team. This role is eligible for remote work for those based in Africa.
Panorama Global is the secretariat for Pandemic Action Network, and the Communications & Partnerships Associate will be employed by a Professional Employer Organization/Employer of Record on behalf of Panorama Global.
- Communications (60%)
- Support content creation and distribution of weekly Network newsletter, the Pandemic Action Playbook
- Draft owned and earned content, including social media posts, blogs, one-pagers, messaging, etc.
- Proofread and format advocacy documents, including policy papers, advocacy letters, briefs, communications toolkits, and Network statements
- Monitor key issues and conversations online to inform proactive and reactive communications
- Maintain the Communications & Partnerships team’s calendars, resources, and Network collateral, including PowerPoint decks, ad hoc messaging, and one-pagers for co-founders, funders, and partners
- Conduct ad-hoc research to inform specific Network initiatives and efforts
- Contribute to the development of strategic communications plans
- Support regional leadership (EMEA) with communications materials for strategic meetings and engagements
- Support team with ad hoc thought leadership, media, and content opportunities
- Support regular channel analytics to optimize channel strategies
- Partnerships and Programmatic Support (40%)
- Support regular data entry to ensure partner data is up-to-date in team Airtable database
- Support regular analytics to inform partner strategy
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Communications & Partnerships team; provide administrative and logistical support for the Network as needed
- Develop and manage timelines and action plans to ensure deadlines are met
- Participate in and support regular working group meetings and Network/partner events, including note taking, attendance capturing, and WG adds
- Support multiple project priorities at one time and ensure high quality communication
- Perform other job-related tasks and projects as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to Pandemic Action Network’s mission and knowledge/interest in public/global health, policy, and issue advocacy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in communications/media/digital/partner communications/public relations/marketing environment
- Proven experience creating a variety of content tailored for strategic audiences and channels
- Excellent project management skills, organized, and detail-oriented with strong logistics, planning, and coordination skills
- Experience balancing competing priorities and identifying when to escalate an issue
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in the English language (strategic and creative) with outstanding attention to detail under tight deadlines
- Ability to work diplomatically and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced global environment, often with ambiguity, while ensuring high quality deliverables and strong relationships
- Proactive problem solving mindset, with ability to accomplish work efficiently
- Skilled in partnership, transparent communication, cultural awareness, and team-oriented
- Proficiency with social media platforms, monitoring tools, and website content management systems
- Adept at working remotely and utilizing global team communication tools including Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Zoom
- Experience working in global health, global development, or public policy
- Experience in issue advocacy communications strategy and campaigns, media relations, thought leaderships, content strategy, and online community-building and management
- Experience working internationally
- Experience working with Adobe Suite and/or Canva
- Experience working with Mailchimp or other similar platforms
- Experience working with CRMs and project management software
- Fluency in other languages (beyond English) welcome
Compensation and benefits will depend on the experience, education of the candidate and team equity. Benefits include health insurance and flexible paid time off with pre-approval of the manager..
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter here. Applications received by November 28, 2022 will receive priority review.
Panorama Global is the secretariat for the Pandemic Action Network. Panorama is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems.
Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Final offer will be contingent on successful reference checks.