As the Network scales our efforts, we are seeking a half-time Fractional (50%) Senior Director, Finance to drive effective financial management across our complex global/remote team.
This is a role for a master doer with an ability to work in a fast-paced international context — someone who is an agile and seasoned leader who enjoys managing complexity with acute attention to detail and has the ability to proactively lead, working closely with the Executive Director. This role will be responsible for enabling Pandemic Action Network’s success with the right financial tools to drive decision-making and action at all levels and will report directly to the Executive Director and involve working closely with the leadership team of Pandemic Action Network. The successful candidate will be process-driven, forward-thinking, proactive, and strategic, embracing our mission and enabling growth and sustainability.
This position is eligible for remote work. Applications from candidates from and / or based in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) — are particularly encouraged. Pandemic Action Network is a global organization working across timezones — though applications from UTC to UTC+3 are particularly encouraged.
This role is accountable to the Executive Director of Pandemic Action Network and works closely with the Network’s Senior Director. In addition, this role works closely with Panorama’s Finance & Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- See around corners and provide strategic finance counsel to the Network’s Executive Director to solve challenges, assess opportunities, and mitigate risk
- Actively participate in leadership meetings with a solution-oriented approach and provide appropriate support to the Leadership Team as a whole
- Contribute to and manage funding strategy and supporting materials, i.e., concept notes, memos, budgets, and other supporting materials
- Model through leadership and support a culture of belonging/inclusion
- Develop short-term scenario plans and long-term strategic plans that incorporate opportunities for scalable growth as well as risk analysis
Regular Finance Management
- Utilize financial systems and tools to generate real-time forecasts and budgets, support sound business decisions, and build capacity to review programs from a budgeting perspective
- Work with Panorama’s Senior Financial Analyst to provide timely, accurate and complete monthly financial reports
- Establish internal and external processes and key performance indicators
- Work with the Panorama team to ensure adherence to international, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and acting when necessary
- Manage grant accounting and oversight of preparation of financial reports for submission to funders
- Work with the Network’s Senior Leadership Team to inform budget narratives and ensure that our budgets tell a story for funders and key stakeholders
Contributing to the Leadership Team
- Be ready to pitch in to fill gaps within our small, committed team to serve Network priorities
- Work with Network team members to ensure the smooth running of all processes involving finance, budgets, and expenditures
- Exercise discretion in the execution of sensitive tasks and strategies, and work closely with the Executive Director to give timely feedback on team processes and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum 15 years of finance management and leadership experience
- Team player with demonstrable experience of getting results in both in-person and remote team environments
- Background overseeing finance, including budgets, forecastings, finance scenario planning, audits, and taxes
- Experience managing nonprofit grant financial reporting to philanthropic donors
- Proven experience in international contract negotiation and management
- Deep commitment to Pandemic Action Network’s mission and knowledge/interest in public/global health, policy, and issue advocacy
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and pivot to pursue new opportunities
- Ability to manage through influence and use interpersonal/emotional intelligence skills and political acumen in respectful, collaborative, and diplomatic ways
- Adapt at working remotely and utilizing global team communication tools including Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation and benefits will depend on the experience, education, and location of the candidate and team equity. Benefits include unlimited paid time off with pre-approval of the manager.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter here. Applications received by Nov. 16 will receive priority review.
About Pandemic Action Network
Pandemic Action Network drives collective action to end the COVID-19 crisis and prevent the next pandemic. The Network consists of more than 350 partners across sectors and geographies working to build and sustain political will, enact the policies and mobilize the resources necessary to ensure that the lessons from the COVID crisis translate into a future where humanity is better prepared to deal with emerging infectious disease outbreaks and stop a deadly and costly pandemic from happening again.
About Panorama Global
Pandemic Action Network is a fiscally sponsored project of Panorama Global, a 501(c)(3) social impact non-profit that empowers change makers through radical collaboration.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, caste, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People & Culture team at sponsoredprojectsHR@panoramaglobal.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Panorama participates in the federal E-Verify system. All candidates should review E-Verify Participation and Right to Work information.
The final offer will be contingent on the completion of a successful background check.