Are you well-organized, detail and relationship-oriented with a passion for supporting a network that is driving change in global and public health? Do you thrive when you can flex a variety of strengths and problem-solve in a dynamic environment? Do you identify as a connector who enjoys being an informational and project management hub for a high-achieving team? If so, this job will enable you to play a critical role supporting a team that is moving the needle toward a better future.
Pandemic Action Network is seeking someone who is a strong collaborator, leads with recommendations to solve problems, is a master doer and can connect dots across a team working in a fast-paced international environment.
The Senior Operations Assistant is the go-to for a Network Co-Founder based in Brussels, and helps them allocate time across a broad spectrum of priorities. This includes being the gatekeeper of their schedules, managing calendars across competing priorities, scheduling meetings and time to complete tasks, managing communication and confirming appointments with stakeholders, drafting itineraries and background memos for engagements, managing logistics of events, and arranging travel when necessary.
A critical part of the job is connecting leadership with the rest of the team to stay aligned on the work and communicate changes as they occur. This position is central to team operations and will support team operations, working closely with the rest of the Operations Team to coordinate efforts and share information across the broader team. Therefore, in addition to working closely with a Co-Founder, this position will help with responsibilities such as maintaining the Network’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, and distribution lists, helping with meeting administration, staff onboarding, and coordinating Co-Founder engagement across projects in consultation with Senior Project Managers.
A successful candidate is highly perceptive, agile, a crisp communicator, attuned to the needs of leadership and able to anticipate needs before they arise. Being highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to support a global team across different time zones is critical.
The position is a full-time role and eligible for remote work in or close to the Central European Timezone (CET) and reports to the Director of Strategy, Operations & Finance.
Leadership Support (75%)
- Administrative support for a Co-Founder, including but not limited to managing calendars and scheduling a high volume of meetings in a dynamic environment, making travel arrangements, and submitting expense reports
- Managing and balancing workload for a Co-Founder across a diversity of priorities and helping her make informed trade-off decisions
- Tracking tasks, deliverables and project deadlines and scheduling time to meet them
- Leading with solutions, identifying options, and providing relevant information when engaging with Co-Founder to help her make informed decisions quickly and with confidence
- Engaging with and coordinating among stakeholders (internal and external) who meet with Co-Founder. Lead meeting preparation including agenda setting, internal communication and relevant coordination, tracking action items and follow-up and taking meeting notes when appropriate
- Providing administrative support for meetings, convenings or events and assisting with logistics, preparation, and material dissemination
Team Operations Support (25%)
- Helping with meeting administration such as note-taking, monitoring chats, sharing presentations or links to ancillary information
- Managing and updating the Network’s CRM system
- Administrative support for advocacy letters, campaigns, and helping gather contact information
- Contributing to the development, improvement, and implementation of organizational processes
- Work with the Director of Strategy, Operations and Finance to onboard new staff and create a consistent onboarding process and experience. Includes setting up email and Zoom accounts, adding staff to distribution lists, updating org chart, creating onboarding plan and setting up introductory meetings with team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to Pandemic Action Network’s mission and knowledge/interest in global health policy and advocacy
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience including high-level administrative support
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong logistics, planning and coordination skills
- Experience balancing competing priorities and identifying when to escalate an issue
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills to engage with high-level and global stakeholders with sensitivity to cultural differences
- Ability to work diplomatically and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, often with ambiguity, and liaising with multiple stakeholders while ensuring high quality deliverables and strong relationships
- Adept at working remotely and utilizing global team communication tools
- Ability to work proactively and without oversight
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving mindset
- Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google docs proficiency
- Familiarity with CRM systems and project management tools and/or aptitude and willingness to master new platforms