Are you passionate about the role of strategic communications in advancing issue advocacy and social impact? Do you live and breathe storytelling, digital communications, partner engagement, and take an audience and channel-first approach to strategy? Do you have a history of tailoring strategies for niche and international audiences, including key opinion leaders and policymakers? Do you have experience taking a consultative approach to advance and optimizing thought leadership and strategic communications? Do you have a passion for global and public health? Do you thrive in an environment where you can flex a variety of strengths and problem-solve based on dynamic challenges? If so, this role will enable you to play an influential part of a broad body of work that is proving to move the needle toward a better future — a future in which humanity is better prepared and protected from future pandemic threats.
Pandemic Action Network is seeking someone who is a strategic communicator, creative problem solver, a strong collaborator, and a master doer with an ability to work in a fast-paced global environment. The Senior Program Officer, Communications & Partnerships, EMEA will steward and optimize strategic communications and partner engagement in support of the Network’s strategic goals and objectives. The position is responsible for strategic communications projects with a focus on policy and advocacy communications. In addition the role will provide campaign support, strategic partner engagement, and regional management of regular Network communications (email and social media).
This position reports to the Director, Communications & Partnerships for Pandemic Action Network and will partner with the Network’s small global team. This position is a full-time role and will be offered on a limited basis for a one-year term; however, this could be extended or renewed based on funding and strategic goals. This role is eligible for remote work in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region.
Panorama Global is the secretariat for Pandemic Action Network and the Senior Program Officer, Communications & Partnerships, EMEA will be employed by a Professional Employer Organization / Employer of Record on behalf of Panorama Global.
Policy Communications (50%)
- Drive integrated (multi-channel) and audience-targeted communications strategies to advance specific policy and advocacy priorities
- Manage end-to-end implementation of policy and advocacy communications plans with support of a global team
- Develop and implement targeted regional media strategies including editorial boards and supporting infrastructure, i.e., media lists, messaging, fact sheets, spokesperson trainings, desk-side briefings, press briefings, etc.
- Actively contribute to stakeholder management and partner engagement in order to inform and deliver on strategic communications plans
- Manage storymining and other strategies to gather strategic communications content
- Write messaging, fact sheets, blog content, opinion pieces to support policy and advocacy communications objectives
Digital Channel Management and Content Development (25%)
- Contribute to stewarding and optimizing channel performance and audience and engagement for Pandemic Action Network social media channels
- Manage regular content creation, i.e., blog, social media, short videos, email, data visualizations, with our global communications team in support of our organizational communications plan
- Lead and contribute to campaign-specific digital content strategies and be an active implementer of campaigns in collaboration with team and our partner network
- Monitor how Pandemic Action Network and its issues are discussed on social media platforms by key audiences and prominent individuals to proactively inform and optimize strategy
Strategic Partnerships & Integrated Communications Management (25%)
- Stewardship and management of specific partner engagement opportunities, i.e., collaborative content, media, events, briefings, etc.
- Identification of opportunities to creatively engage or grow our partnerships
- Strategic amplification of partner thought leadership
- Actively contribute to communications strategy and planning
- Be an active member of the global integrated Pandemic Action Network team and the Communications & Partnerships team working to advance strategic goals and objectives
- Serve as a thought partner on integrated communications, thought leadership, and ad hoc creative campaign strategy to our team and partners
- Manage project budgets as appropriate and coordinate with project managers
- Collaborate and manage work together with agency partners
- Perform other job-related tasks and projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to Pandemic Action Network’s mission and knowledge/interest in public/global health, policy, and issue advocacy
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in communications/media/digital/partner communications/public relations/marketing environment
- Experience in issue advocacy communications strategy and campaigns, media relations, thought leaderships, content strategy, and online community-building and management
- Proven experience in positioning issues and thought leaders with the media on niche topics
- Proven experience in managing and creating a variety of content, tailored for strategic policy and advocacy audiences and channels
- Proven experience engaging and managing creative and strategic partnerships across markets and sectors
- Strong analytical skills to translate information into actionable recommendations and plans
- Experience working with and engaging global audiences and partners, particularly key opinion leaders, policymakers, and civil society organizations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in the English language (strategic and creative) with outstanding attention to detail under tight deadlines
- Adept at working remotely and utilizing global team communication tools including Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, often with ambiguity, and managing multiple stakeholders while ensuring high quality deliverables and strong relationships; experience balancing competing priorities and identifying when to escalate an issue
- Proactive with ability to accomplish work efficiently and with initiative; excellent project management skills
- Skilled in partnership, transparent communication, cultural awareness, and team oriented
- Interest in continuous learning both in personal and professional growth with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with social media platforms, website content management systems
- Basic HTML, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint essential