Are you detail and relationship-oriented with a passion for communications and strategic partnerships? Do you have a passion for global and public health? Do you thrive in an environment where you can flex a variety of strengths and problem-solve based on dynamic challenges? Do you identify as a connector who enjoys being the project management hub for a high-achieving team? If so, this role will enable you to play an influential part of a broad body of work that is proving to move the needle toward a better future.
Pandemic Action Network is seeking someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and is a creative problem solver, a strong collaborator, and a master doer with an ability to work in a fast-paced international environment.
The Senior Project Manager, Communications & Partnerships contributes to the implementation of a variety of communications and partner engagement activities in support of the Network’s strategic goals and objectives. This position reports to the Director, Communications & Partnerships for Pandemic Action Network and will contribute to the Network’s small global team.
This position is a 8-month contract with a targeted start date of October 1, 2022. The role will cover an employee on family leave and is eligible for remote work in the U.S. and is optimized for those living and/or working in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Communications and Content Development (70%)
- Content management of the Network’s weekly newsletter and ad hoc email communications to key audiences
- Management of website updates and publishing of regular blog content
- Write social copy, blog content, and actively contribute to editing and optimizing messaging in order to engage target audiences and advance policy, advocacy, and communications goals
- Manage layout of Pandemic Action Network products including advocacy letters, briefs, communications toolkits, and white papers
- Design graphics and other creative content (using Canva and other tools) for use on social media channels to further messaging and engagement goals
- Manage quick video edits using templates in Adobe Premiere
- Support amplification of partner thought leadership content via social media, web, and email channels
- Support campaign-specific digital content strategies in collaboration with team and our partner network
- Support innovative ways to promote Pandemic Action Network messaging and content across channels and via creative platform partnerships
- Support the expansion of creative content formats including data visualizations, polling, motion graphics, video, etc.
- Support the ongoing building and management of Pandemic Action Network’s editorial calendar in alignment with strategy, including documenting key global moments and events
- Support monitoring of the website performance and optimization
Project Management and Strategic Partnership Support (30%)
- Support the Director of Communications & Partnerships with the cultivation and stewardship of partners, including ensuring key materials are up-to-date and meetings are scheduled
- Manage operational systems to optimize team project management, collaboration, and internal communication across a global team
- Support senior-level stakeholders with the coordination of key external events, management of participant communication, and preparation and dissemination of materials for pre- and post-event/meeting
- Develop and maintain work plans, roadmaps, key communications/partnership documents, and other project management tools to support teams and partners, and ensure quality outcomes
- Work with internal teams to draft, edit, and maintain a variety of materials (e.g., emails, concept notes, briefs, PowerPoint decks, etc.) to support strategic partner engagements
- Stay up to date on key trends/issues as relevant to the work and provide ongoing research and analytical support for projects or initiatives
- Support identification of opportunities to creatively engage or grow our partnerships
- Process new partnerships and work with team members to maintain lists of Network partners and Network meeting participants
- Support multiple project priorities at one time and ensure high quality communication
- Perform other job-related tasks and projects as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to Pandemic Action Network’s mission and knowledge/interest in public/global health, policy, and issue advocacy
- Project Management Certification or a Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of work experience; documented history of detail-oriented project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at the intersection of project management, communications, and partner engagement
- Demonstrated success managing a project or program from conception to implementation
- Experience managing a variety of digital communications including social media, email, and web/blog content
- Experience working with and engaging global audiences and partners, particularly key opinion leaders, policymakers, and civil society organizations
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, writing, editing, and verbal skills for communicating with broad and diverse stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (strategic and creative) with outstanding attention to detail under tight deadlines
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, often with ambiguity, and managing multiple stakeholders while ensuring high quality deliverables and strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large quantities of input and make strategic recommendations
- Ability to identify relationships and linkages between components, culture, and stakeholders
- Ability to work diplomatically and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience balancing competing priorities and identifying when to escalate an issue
- Ability to work without oversight, proactive with ability to accomplish tasks efficiently
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving mindset
- Proficiency with social media platforms, website content management systems
- Experience with database management (Airtable) and email marketing platforms (Mailchimp) preferred
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Zoom essential
- Adept at working remotely and utilizing global team communication tools
- Experience working in global health, global development, public policy, issue advocacy a plus
- Experience working internationally a plus
- Experience working with Adobe Suite a plus
- Fluency in other languages (beyond English) welcome
The starting salary for this position is $68,000 on an annualized basis (pro-rated for 8-month limited term contract) alongside a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 90-100% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only medical coverage depending on individual plan selection and 15% employer-paid contribution toward dependent coverage premiums
- 99% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only dental and vision coverage (family members can be added at employee cost),
- Flexible spending account options for health, dependent care, and transit
- 100% employer-paid monthly premiums for life insurance, short-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with non-elective 3% employer contribution
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program which includes employee + dependent access to counseling services of up to 6 sessions per issue
- Flexible paid time off with pre-approval of manager
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the U.S, with a preference for those within the Eastern Time Zone (we provide the technology)
- Commitment to professional development and growth
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter here. Applications received by Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 5:00pm EST will receive priority review.
Panorama Global is the secretariat for the Pandemic Action Network, and the Senior Project Manager will be an employee of Panorama Global. Panorama is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems.
Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Panorama via email.
Final offer will be contingent on a successful background check and reference checks.